Pantek is hiring Open Source Software Consultants who are passionate about working in a fast-paced and growing company environment where solving new and different problems for clients all over the world by supporting Linux, Open Source software, and Virtual/Cloud environments is the way of life.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide Linux and Open Source expert Tier 2 technical support to clients
- Provide technical consulting and/or software architecture, design and programming services
- Support delivery of Pantek services for Virtual/Cloud environments
- May support Pantek hosting environment, which includes a state-of-the-art VMware cluster
- Stay up to date with new Open Source software and technologies
This challenging position requires excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet. A strong working knowledge of at least three of the following technologies (or equivalent) is required: Apache, BIND, iptables, MySQL, Postgres, Nagios, Xen, KVM, LDAP, Qmail, Samba, firewalls, routers, and/or AWS is required. Experience with VMware is a strong plus. Experience with PHP, Perl, Java, Python, or other programming languages is also recommended.
The majority of work is performed for clients remotely, and results and issues are discussed on the phone directly with clients. As such, confidence and excellent telephone skills (etiquette, ability to speak clearly, ability to communicate effectively) are essential for this role.
Additional skills required include diligent time tracking, planning, documentation, and ability to communicate and work closely with other team members on small to medium size projects. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required if equivalent experience is demonstrated. Minimum of four years relevant experience is required.
Benefits & Compensation
- Salary commensurate with experience & qualifications
- Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, 401K, paid vacation, sick and personal days
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com